Saturday, May 13, 2017

The Box

It has been more than five years since I wrote here...but in these five years, I've returned to this blog many times...like a wanderer returns home...maybe with the hope for inspiration to start writing again...

I miss spending my solitary evenings, just me with my thoughts, where I used to be alone but never lonely, a feeling of peace & tranquility...where my ideas and my thoughts flew effortlessly, where my mind & my soul were inseparable...where my imagination knew no bounds...trying to pen down a piece of my imagination...just for me...

I miss that time when it was just me with my thoughts, where I used to be alone but never lonely...I used to write whatever comes to my mind...sometimes, it was funny...sometimes, it was thought-provoking...mostly, it only made sense to me...sometimes it was plain gibberish...but, it was always sincere...

I like being in that phase, in that place, at that time...looking for inspiration from the past 'me'...maybe I'm dwelling on my past...or maybe I am just passing time...I like that person...the past 'me'...he has a huge potential, he can accomplish so much...he is amazing...I am in awe...maybe a little jealous...




And today, years later, I sit here, just me, with my thoughts...alone but not lonely
...but there is a difference today...I feel uneasy...I'm not sure why...my thoughts are jumbled, my ideas are restricted, my imagination has been defined by a range...

I feel like I'm in a box...

There is a hint of negative energy...it is engulfing me like a fog...I'm not able to see clearly, I'm not able to think clearly...

This person who is very close to me noticed my discomfort & asked me...but I couldn't express myself...I couldn't explain what I am feeling...I need an outlet...I need to find my strength...

I look around and find an old diary lying on a dusty shelf...it is the diary where I used to write my thoughts years ago...it is full of my raw thoughts and ideas...I look around frantically to find a pen...I open a fresh leaf and start writing...

"It has been more than five years since I wrote here..."

I feel like I've opened the box...

3 comments:

  1. It's wonderfully written dear... Totally loved it. Could relate it to my life too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb work.
    Same situation is with me as well. It's been so long I have visited my blog.
    I need to start writing again.

    ReplyDelete